Custom Entry Clerk
£20 - 30k
HH Recruitment are searching for Experienced Custom Entry Clerks on behalf of our client. Our client are a large well known Logistics company, they have been established for over 30 years and have locations across the UK and Europe.
Having grown dramatically over the past 5 years they are seeking to add Experienced Custom Entry Clerks to the group in the UK, candidates wishing to apply MUST have previous experience within Customs – Imports or Exports.
The main role of the Customs Entry Clerk will be to complete customs entries and associated documents in a timely manner to ensure the smooth movement of consignments through the port environment.
- Print scanned shipping docs, create job file
- Issue Unique Consignment Reference Number for Duty Management Shipments
- Obtain UCN for Cargo from inventory systems - DESTIN8, CNS
- Create Simplified Frontier Declaration (SFD) or Full Customs Entry
- For each SFD create a supplementary entry (SDI)
- Check pending clearances that are being examined, unloading at ERTS or ICD or otherwise delayed
- Deal with queries or Customs post actions as appropriate
- Create Export entry
- Maintain client Customs Warehouse records
- Report maintenance
- Regime management – i.e.: IP, Bonded warehouse
- UCR management
- Invoice clients
- 2 years Customs entry experience
- E-Customs or similar customs software
- Port CSP Software
- Use of the Customs Tariff
- A good understanding of Customs formalities
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Ability to grasp procedures/processes quickly.
- Good computer skills (excel)
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Accurate, methodical and with the ability for attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management
- Ability to adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team
This role is offered on a permanent basis with a standard 12 week probation period, pay rate is negotiable between 20k-30k per annum based on experience. For more information please contact Kayleigh at our Manchester office 0161 924 2210 or apply now in confidence foe a call back.
Job Reference: HHMANCEC
HH Recruitment - Making Your Job, Our Job!